Safety & Security
Hopewell ECS conducts monthly safety drills and reinforces safety practices with our students on a regular basis. We work with our SRO, local law enforcement agencies and fire departments to make sure we are in compliance with local guidelines.
Our SRO is on the campus Monday through Friday.
Officer Shane McPhillips serves the Hopewell community as our School Resource Officer. Shane is a member of the West Chester police who joined the Hopewell team in 2021.
He works with students in many different capacities and helps teachers reinforce safety reminders. He also patrols the building, is instrumental in securing our facility, helps with arrival and dismissal procedures and supports our Hopewell students throughout the day.
District Safety & Security
The safety, health, and well-being of Lakota students, staff, volunteers, and visitors is our top priority.
The purpose of this webpage is to provide parents, students, volunteers, and visitors with information on district safety programs and links to helpful resources.
- Schools in Lakota conduct all safety drills required by law and by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Visitors to Lakota schools must sign in at the office and wear a visitor badge while at the school.
- Video cameras are used to monitor activity throughout the schools.
- Any volunteer with unsupervised access to students will be required to pass a criminal background check through our visitor management system, Raptor.
- Bullying and hazing activities of any type are prohibited. No school district employee shall encourage, permit, authorize, condone, or tolerate any bullying or hazing activity.
- Any chemicals brought into a school or on school grounds must have a Material Safety Data Sheet.